Keep an eye out for the monthly ‘What’s On’ which has details of what’s happening at the club each month. To ensure inclusive, safe and friendly play, please note the following guidelines for playing tennis at the club.
- Courts are available for play Monday to Sunday, 9am - 10pm (floodlights need to be off by 10pm).
- Member playing times:
- Courts 1 and 2 – Junior and Senior members have equal access to these courts at all times.
- Court 3 – Mini members have priority on this court at all times. In the event that Mini members are not playing, the same access applies as for Courts 1 and 2.
- Courts 4, 5 and 6 – available to all members at any time, however Seniors and Young Adults have priority after 6.30pm on weekdays and after 1pm on weekends.
- Social Tennis takes place at Club Night on Wednesdays, 7 – 10pm and Saturdays 3pm – 5pm. These are informal and social opportunities to play with, and meet, other members and are open to all Senior members and older, more experienced junior members.
- If other members are waiting to play, then the maximum playing time on all courts is 30 minutes (including use of floodlights, if applicable). Please adhere to this to ensure everyone has access to the courts even when it’s busy. Doubles play should be encouraged and when other members are waiting, singles play is only permitted on Courts 3 and 6. When a League Match is in progress, singles play is only permitted on Court 3.
- Club matches, tournaments and coaching can often take place and they have priority. Information regarding these times can be found on the club calendar.
- In February, March and April team match practice takes place on courts 1, 4, 5 and 6. Non-match practice members wishing to play during these times have priority access to courts 2 and 3. Ladies’ match practice happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 – 10pm and Gents’ match practice on Mondays and Fridays, 7 – 10pm.
- Please, at all times, respect other members playing and ensure the safety of both yourself and other members. This includes ensuring play has stopped before crossing tennis courts, and while doing so keeping close to the fence.
We run an annual club championship for all members at all age groups and standards, starting in May and ending with our finals day on the first Sunday of September. This is a hugely popular tournament and entry forms can be downloaded here. In order to ensure the smooth running of the competition, all participants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The draw will be posted on club notice boards.
- Each round has a deadline by which each rounds must be completed. Failure to do this puts undue and unfair pressure on other participants matches and can result in disqualification.
- It is It is the mutual responsibility of all participants in the tie to organise the match.
- Any disputes or queries should be presented to the tournament referee for resolution and the referee’s decision is final.
We have many Ladies and Gents teams participating in West of Scotland Leagues throughout the year, competing at every level,
from intermediate to national.
If you are interested in representing the club in any of our teams then contact:
- Ladies Manager – Jennifer McDonald, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gents Manager – John Wilkie, email@example.com
- Junior/Mini Manager – Justin Notley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All members must observe our Code of Conduct.
- Members must wear appropriate clothing on the courts at all times. Please note no football colours.
- Sports shoes must be worn; no hard, studded, ribbed or ridged soles as these will damage the surfaces.
- Courts should not be used when covered in snow, ice or frost, both for our members’ safety and to avoid damage to the courts.
- Please don’t attempt to clear snow, ice or frost from the courts as this can also damage the surfaces, as can the application of salt or chemicals.
- For safety and insurance reasons, the use of tennis racquets and balls out with the playing area is forbidden.
- A member may introduce only one visitor per month. Any visitor is not entitled to visit more than once per month, unless otherwise authorised by a member of the committee.
Clarkston Bowling & Tennis Club Committees
The bowling and tennis and committees work on your behalf to ensure that all members can enjoy their experience at Clarkston, in a fair and thriving club environment. If you have any questions, or require further information, then please contact one of the committee members listed below.
Lynn McGhee, 07913 629383, email@example.com
Justin Notley, 07711 300327, firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Beaton, 07812 829401, email@example.com
Lyndsay Hood, 07811 829790, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Alexander, 07842 704423, email@example.com
Carol Milne, 07971 660125, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Wilkie, 07527 404904, email@example.com
Jennifer McDonald, 07969 770550, firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Development Manager
Justin Notley, 07711 300327, email@example.com
Immediate Past Captain
Colin Scott, 07950 324138 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiona Ratcliffe, 07940 517456, email@example.com
Alan McEwan, 07975 564598, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gregg McGeoch, 07740 986449, email@example.com
Paul McGuire, 07949 902195, firstname.lastname@example.org
Betty Patrick, 07526 533456, email@example.com
Bowling Vice Chairperson
Stuart Law, 07825 399457, firstname.lastname@example.org
Malcolm McLaren, 07801 652509, email@example.com
House and Grounds
Help your club raise funds by doing your online shopping through our easyfundraising page. Every time you purchase something from holidays to insurance to high street retailers the club can benefit. Click here to join, it just takes a minute.
Club branded merchandise
We have a wide range of quality sportswear for on and off the court, branded with our club logo.